Anthology - Love or hate?

Anthology is one of the things I do not like the romance genre.

First - The stories are too short, I like a long book that I can sink into.

Second - I'm just an author in an anthology. Very rare that two authors who contribute to the same anthology. So I pay the full price in a book which I read only a small percentage of them.

Publishers like pushing anthologies. Receive lesser known authors linked to known values, and hopeReaders, like their stories, hoping to increase sales for them. This is not a bad strategy, but I must say, I never found a new author (for me) this way.

Collections range of two authors of ten or more. I hate when I see an author I like to be the author anthology of ten. I draw the line there's no way I'm paying full price for a book I only read a few pages of it.

One of the authors I like to do something a bit 'different. Sarah McCarty has aAnthology called Running Wild. This is an anthology of three stories, but the story arc covers the entire book. This is a series with a new game coming out in December called Instinct. Another anthology of three stories and a continuation of the arc Running Wild. I like this kind of anthologies better. But I wanted every story to be longer. So still do not like so much like a regular novel. But if an author wanted some short stories that I would not writein this way.

I like Running Wild pretty well. It 's just that I want to commit themselves to sink into long stories, and I did not feel were long enough for the depth of the characters out.

At least in these books, I'm not paying for authors who have no interest in reading.

I know some people love anthologies. Some like to read stories of measures light and short periods of time. Others are not so closed to the author, as I am. You can from author to author, jumpThe interest in themes and genres, so that these types of them are the funniest pounds.

Not me, but. You will always hate my books in the novel, but something I have to live with so no go.

0 ความคิดเห็น: