Book Review: The Kissing Room

I recently read Cheryl Anne Gardner's kiss in the Room, a novel of only 16K words. The kiss in the room is not a light, romantic happy for a Sunday afternoon, but the resolution is a dark, disturbing story, the encounter brutal threat to their readers with honesty, compelling reading with him. Consider yourself warned if you venture to the front page of example and ensure that you are comfortable in an armchair.

This story alternates between frantic and what happens afteras before, and varies between smooth, romantic or bittersweet moments and really ugly, stomach churning scenes of violence and despair. Even the worst situations are not graphically or described in detail along, but not for the faint of heart.

The kiss in a room is busy, the first-person voice of Merle, a woman whose short life has already seen too much tragedy, that withered and tired of his life. Although the reader can notI agree with their decisions or even understand their reasons for them, it is impossible not to sympathize with this character and want to see them prevail. Lain's character was less sympathetic, but that did not seem important, I was rooting for Merle, and if he was happy that was all that mattered.

The Irish pub setting of the story is unique and authentic, with both the language and manner that is life. I could always see and hear in the course of history as if Iwas a participant, rather than some isolated voyeur. The only time I was thrown out when the point of view by Merle moved temporarily to a short passage at the end Lain. I understand why the author did this, but for me it was shocking. Fortunately, I was so up to do, eventually found me, I ignored it and moved on.

The kiss in the room is not "beach read" one with its gruesome violence and themes, but I'm not implying that you do not like.I read the book almost straight through, and only stopped because of an unavoidable interruption. I hated to put the mental history of ice, and then resume as soon as I could, I had to see how it would end. When all is said and done, Cheryl Anne Gardner is the kiss in a room is a deeply moving love story, simply will not know until it's over.

0 ความคิดเห็น: